Spouse Visa Requirements

UK Spouse/Marriage Visa Requirements

The United Kingdom demands for a spouse visa are a few of the hardest to meet. To show that you’re qualified, you’ll provide extensive documents that show your relationship is real. Your UK sponsor may have to earn over £18,600 per year. You’ll also need to have adequate living conditions.

The precise visa you need depends on your individual conditions. If you’re hoping to move into the United Kingdom to be with your partner, you should create a Spouse Visa application. You might also either employ as a Fiancee or unmarried partner of a British citizen or an individual with settled status. 

If you wish to apply for a Spouse Visa, your partner has to either be a British citizen by birth or a naturalized British citizen. Should you meet the UK’s Spouse Visa requirements, a fiance visa will only be issued for six month period, where you’d be expected to get married.

The unmarried partner or Spouse Visa is valid for 30 months. After 30 months, you’ll be capable to apply for an extension for a further 30 months. Following the 5 year period has come to a finish, you’ll be eligible for apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. 

Request Free Advice

How can Amicus help?

Our expert lawyers are available to advise you on the Spouse Visa requirements. Through our service, we will check that you’re qualified for a partner visa and also make certain you’ve sufficient evidence to demonstrate your relationship is real to the Home Office.

Your solicitor will assist to prepare everything to need for your Spouse Visa application procedure and completely manage and complete your application for you. Speak with Amicus now using the form above or telephone +44 161 434 4448 for advice from experienced immigration solicitor day. If you want to know more on how to submit an application for a Marriage Visa UK, check our FAQ to see whether you meet the United Kingdom Spouse Visa requirements below. 

FAQ's on Spouse Visa

For a Spouse Visa UK, you will need to have the following requirements:

  • both must be over the age of 18;
  • have met each and be legally married;
  • you must live or intend to live together;
  • have enough money to support yourselves and dependants without claiming public funds;
  • the sponsoring party must meet the financial requirements for the Marriage Visa. Or have savings to support yourselves. The more children you have the more savings you must have;
  • have proper accommodation for your spouse and children;
  • your fiance/spouse needs to satisfy the English language requirements.

It usually takes up to 4 months.

Sometimes you could be waiting for about 6 months. And in more complex situation you can be waiting between 8 to 10 months. But that’s in very rare cases.

It all depends on the complexity of each case.If it’s straightforward, it can take 3 months. If you need it urgent you can pay for the priority visa service, but it could take longer than that depending on your case.

Below are some of the documents you will need to provide:

  • Passport with a blank page
  • Proof  of minimum income requirement
  • Evidence of your relationship/marriage
  • English language qualification
  • Proof of right to stay/live in the country you’re currently in

If you can’t provide any of the documents above. Get free advice from one of our family immigration lawyers.

Visit us

761 Wilmslow Road
Didsbury, Manchester
M20 6RN

Call us

434 4448

Contact us


Scroll to Top