Motoring Offences Pricing
This price information is for assistance in relation to summary only (heard at the Magistrates Court) motoring offences under Part I of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and s89 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
Legal Fees and Disbursements:
Note: Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties.
Fixed fees vary between £500 and £750 plus VAT.
The lower range of the fee will be for when we anticipate up to 2 hours of preparation and attendance.
Likely disbursements will be: Counsel Fee (£150 – £350) depending on complexity.
What services does this fee include:
The following steps are included:
• Considering the evidence against you
• Providing advice in relation to a plea and likely sentence
• Where we cannot anticipate the likely sentence, advice to you on the options available to the court in relation to sentencing
• Where appropriate, advice on whether an exceptional hardship or special reasons argument should be made
• Representation at a single hearing
Potential additional costs may be charged for:
• The instruction of any expert witnesses
• Taking statements from any witnesses
• Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
• Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The experience of the people who may carry out the work for you:
Aneil Naeem – 12+ Year Qualified Solicitor
Sohail Ghani – 8+ Years Qualified Solicitor
The typical timescales and key stages of the work
•Meet with you to provide instructions on what happened.
•We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
•Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £250).
•We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
•We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow-up queries you have.
•We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
•We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for up to half a day.
•We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
•These type of cases are usually concluded within 3 months